Job Title: Kids Vision for Life Office Administrator
Compensation: $14.50 per hour
Employment Status: Part-time, 20-30 hours per week (M-F 9 am-2 pm)- willing to adjust based on needs.
Supervisor’s Title: Operations Manager
Overall Purpose and Objective of the Position
Kids Vision for Life St. Louis is looking for a committed and compassionate individual who is excited to support our mission to help local area students. KVFL provides access to free comprehensive eye care via school visits onboard our Mobile Vision Clinic. The Administrative Assistant supports the KVFL operations field team with administrative duties from KVFL Headquarters. The Administrative Assistant is the main point of contact for all visitors and callers to KVFL Headquarters. They must show the ability to be punctual and reliable on a daily basis.
All applicants must be fully vaccinated to comply with KVFL contractual school district requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of the Position
- Answering phones and managing voicemails. Must have strong communication skills to work with school nurses, teachers, and parents to explain KVFL operational procedures and answer any questions as needed.
- Provide training and oversight to volunteers who are assisting in the office
- Process all replacement frame orders submitted via email or phone
- Contact families to schedule glasses fitting and frame pick up appointments
- Create lab ticket orders, prepare frames to be mailed to the optical lab, and drop off UPS shipments for outgoing glasses
- Check-in and perform quality checks on glasses that arrive from our partner optical lab and prepare them for dispensing in a timely manner that meets our 2-3 week turnaround requirements.
- Communicate with our partner labs to ensure shipments are on time, answer any questions, and offer solutions to resolve any issues that arise.
- Scan and upload all exam day paperwork for electronic filing – must be completed each week to be submitted to the billing department
- Restock printouts and materials needed by the field team on board the mobile clinic
- Sort and organize frame donations and lens restocking orders
- Assist Operations Manager and Executive team with data entry and statistical tracking
- Oversee office management duties including preparing supply orders and maintaining a clean office environment.
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in working with elementary school children
- Reliable transportation- position requires daily travel throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area
- Entry-level PC skills to include MS Office, Windows, Word, Excel, and Google apps
- Time management, communication, and planning skills
- Ability to read and interpret materials
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive tasks to completion
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions
- Ability to work in team settings
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.