- 25% of all school children in the US have a vision problem significant enough to affect learning
- 53% of children of families living in poverty have uncorrected vision problems that interfere with reading, writing, and classroom learning
- 44% of parents are not aware that behavioral problems can be an indication that a child’s vision is impaired
- 80% of learning in a child’s first 12 years comes through his/her eyes.
- Potential annual global productivity loss associated with uncorrected vision problems is $22 billion for the US ($269 billion globally)
These are just a few of the reasons Kids Vision for Life St. Louis is eager to visit every school in the region and to make sure every student gets vision care they needs.
Source: Essilor USA